Strike A Light, Create Gloucestershire and Gloucester Culture Trust are funding two bursary places for Gloucestershire based artists to take part in the RISE Youth Dance traineeship 2019-2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience the working world of dance as a practitioner, and to learn other key skills such as marketing, administration and fundraising. The trainees will be supporting Rise with the delivery of workshops in Gloucester schools. Strike A Light, Create Gloucestershire and Gloucester Culture Trust will offer artist support, networking opportunities, industry mentoring and free tickets to dance shows in Gloucester. Participants will gain a genuine insight into a career in dance and the creative industries.
RISE Youth Dance is a Bristol based youth dance company providing citywide training, access and progression for young dancers fromthe ages of 8 – 25.
RISE aims to build aspiration and skills for members through dancein classes, performances and teaching, through rigorous training, visiting artists, intensives, and relationships with partner dance organisations.
THE TRAINEE PROGRAMME
The RISE trainee programme was designed to offer young dancers a high level of training, a chance to develop their teaching skills through their relationship with RISE Youth Dance, as well as real experience of what it’s like to be a dance artist in the industry today.
The RISE trainee programme offers:
- Weekly mentoring sessions with RISE teachers
- Involvement in developing projects and producing performance platforms
- Participation in RISE Youth Dance Company classes including professional classes
- Participation in all RISE performance classes
- Discount on other Bristol dance classes e.g. 3rd Stage, ballet.
- 1 full day of training weekly, which will include technique and creative work with the RISE Director and other professional artists
- Opportunities to perform in Bristol and nationally
- Training in teaching, and opportunities to teach
- Opportunities to choreograph for other RISE groups
- Attendance at industry events, conferences etc.
- Experience of other relevant skills such as arts administration, marketing, finance and fundraising
- Other training such as first aid
Please send completed application forms to Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 2 September 2019 (to discuss an extension to the application deadline please get in touch)
Auditions: 14 September 2019
If you have any questions about the bursaries please email Jess on email@example.com.