ENDED: Rehearsal space offer at University of Gloucestershire
Rehearsal space call out
University of Gloucestershire in partnership with Strike A Light and Bristol Old Vic Ferment, are offering free rehearsal space in their beautiful new Performing Arts Centre studios. Rehearsal space is offered for professional artists and companies creating new work in Gloucestershire, Bristol and the surrounding areas who are interested in building a relationship with the University and their students.
What’s on offer?
- Free rehearsal space in purpose built rehearsal studios at University of Gloucestershire’s Performing Arts Centre, Oxstalls Campus, Gloucester
- Working alongside other artists, companies and University of Gloucestershire students, with time for sharing ideas
- Shared lunch event with Strike A Light, Bristol Old Vic and University of Gloucestershire staff
- Opportunity to share work in progress with other artists and the partners
- £100 per company towards travel costs
Studio spaces vary but all have dance lino or wooden dance floors and white and mirrored walls and/ or black curtains. All spaces are a suitable size for group rehearsals.
There is parking on site and good public transport links by train and bus.
There are wheelchair accessible spaces available and accessible toilets.
The University also has a coffee shop/ restaurant which will be open during the day times as well as communal space for breaks.
When does it take place?
Daytime rehearsals i.e. 9am-5pm
Week beginning 24 June 2019
(some spaces available Monday-Thursday, others Monday-Friday)
Week beginning 1 July 2019
(some spaces available Monday-Friday, others Tuesday-Friday)
Working with University of Gloucestershire students
We are asking all artists rehearsing at the University to consider what they might be able to offer to a Drama or Performing Arts University student. The students undertake a placement module where they complete up to 35 hours of a work placement in a professional arts environment. The aim is for them to get a better understanding of the industry, how different roles work and see their area of interest in action.
You could offer a chance for a student to observe the rehearsal room, shadowing for a role in your company, or supporting some aspect of your work during the rehearsal week in a more hands on way.
These opportunities will then be shared with students and we will work with you and the students to ensure it’s the right fit and will be mutually beneficial.
How do I apply to take part?
Email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Who you are and what you would be working on in the rehearsal week (please keep this information brief and provide links to websites/ videos/ CVs or other supporting information as needed)
- Which week you would like to rehearse (w/b 24 June or w/b 1 July)
- How many people would be rehearsing with you (total group size)
- What you might be able to offer to a University of Gloucestershire placement student
- A confirmation that you hold your own public liability insurance
Closing date for applications: by end of Monday 15 April
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org