Ended: Artists Digital Play Day
16 Feb 2018
For theatre makers, directors, choreographers and artists interested in using digital media in their performance work
A free event presented by University of Gloucestershire and Strike A Light
A chance to explore, discover and discuss how digital media can be integrated into performance work. The digital play day is a relaxed, creative opportunity to:
- Work with different equipment and technologies as creative starting points
- Hear from artists who integrate digital media into their work in very different ways
- Find out more about the University’s research projects in this area and how cutting edge technologies are shaping future performance
- Explore ways of using easily accessible technology in performance such as smart phones and QR codes
- Discover creative ways of using ‘ retro’ technology – like overhead projectors and tape recorders, Pepper’s ghost illusions and Foley sound effects.
- Meet other artists
- Contribute to Strike A Light’s plans for artist development
Funded by Being Human and Arts Council England
For more information or if you have any questions please email Christina.
Lunch will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements when you book your place.
As there is a limited capacity for this event pre-booking is essential.