Strike A Light is a Gloucester based organisation striving to make Gloucester a city with a vibrant culture for all.
We are made up of three strands:
Programming and producing 2 x Contemporary Performance Festivals (Strike A Light Festival) a year, plus bespoke year round programming ensuring a sustained cultural offer
Delivering a year round Artist Support Programme that provides nationally significant partners for emerging artists
Developing a year round Arts Participation Programme, Gloucester Rising, for CYP from Gloucester City delivered by experienced, inspiring practitioners.
About our ticket prices:
Strike A Light is an accessible festival so all of our tickets are very heavily subsidised.
Many of our tickets have a £10/5 option. If you would like to support the festival to continue it’s integral work in Gloucester, please purchase a £10 ticket, however we do not want finance to be a barrier to anyone.
Strike A Light are:
Co-Artistic Directors: Emma-Jane Benning & Sarah Blowers
Producers: Ellie Harris, Christina Poulton, Malaki Patterson
Events Management & Marketing Intern: Aylin Ozkan
THE COLLABORATIVE TOURING NETWORK
The Collaborative Touring Network is a partnership between Battersea Arts Centre and eight different producing teams based in Darlington, Gloucester, Hull, Medway, Peterborough, Thanet, Torbay and Wigan. Coming together with the joint aim of inspiring an entirely new generation of theatre-goers, the Collaborative Touring Network will navigate its way across the country to bring inspiring performance to audiences.
BATTERSEA ARTS CENTRE
“Britain’s most influential theatre”
– The Guardianwww.bac.org.uk| @battersea_arts
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life for people and communities throughout the UK both now and in the future.
- Esmee Fairbairn support Strike A Light to:
- continue delivering work in Gloucester on a regular basis and continue to grow as an organisation.
- build and develop our programme of working with black and diverse artists in Gloucester. To specifically identify, develop, mentor and support diverse cultural artists and leaders within the city and offer ongoing community engagement opportunities with a focus on young people within this strand of work.
- grow and develop our artist and producers support programme that offers mentoring, advice and support to emerging artists and producers in Gloucester and gives them a platform from which to perform and produce from.
Strike A Light Festival 2017 is generously supported by